I taught grade four how to use Puppet Pals today. After a bit of an explore with adding characters and backgrounds, I asked them to tell me ideas that they had for ways to use Puppet Pals in the class other than for story telling. These are some of their ideas.
- Use it as a planner for a drama. Before you act out a drama, make it on Puppet Pals so that everyone can see what they are suppose to do.
- Use it as a presentation tool. Create backgrounds that work like slides.
- Use it to explain something like a diagram. Have a picture of the diagram as the back ground and have a character point out the different things in the diagram.
- Use it to record our Monday Message (weekly lower school news cast). Thanks Cerys!!
- Have a “scientist” explain something to you. The scientist is the puppet and the background is what they are explaining.
- Use it to explain a math problems.
- Use it to show someone who was absent how to do something that they missed.
I am always amazed at the variety of answers that the students come up with when we don’t prompt them. They came up with so many more than I would have if I had sat down and tried to think about ideas. Thank you grade four!